Seven Key Reasons Why a Trust is Best
- Maintain control while alive so that assets are preserved and protected.
- In the event of sickness or disability make certain that important decisions are left to the right people. A trust ensures that in the event your client is disabled or unable to make good decisions, the right person is appointed to the job.
- Control from the grave. After your client dies it is important that the assets which have been left to the beneficiaries and heirs are administered properly. The use of a trust ensures that the investments are made prudently and wisely.
- Asset protection. In today's litigious society more and more lawsuits are filed every day. An asset protection trust helps ensure that clients' assets are protected from unwarranted and unfair lawsuits.
- Tax minimization. With your client's trust, taxes can be avoided legally by placing the assets in a state which imposes no tax on trust income.
- Avoidance of probate. With the use of a trust your clients will avoid probate taxes in most states.
- The wealthy require the use of trusts. Trusts are the only legal vehicle available to pass wealth to future generations.